Here are some funfacts Mars found on crunchyroll last night. Enjoy and please keep in mind T.O.P has changed quite a bit so some of these might not be revelant but it’s still cool to see some oldies but goodies.
Name : Choi Seung Hyun [최승현]
Also Known As : Tempo
Position in Big Bang : Rapper
Pendant: A hand holding a megaphone. (“To inspire people with his voice and become big”)
Birthdate : November 4, 1987
Height : 181cm
Weight : 65kg
Blood-type : B
Education : Seoul Art College [Majoring in Musical] Dangook University in Theater & Film (starting 2008)
Family Members: Parents and older sister (Hae Yoon)
Specialty : Rap, beat box, composing
Hobby : reading & swimming
Personality : He speaks well, and he is stubborn.
He likes to be the leader of things and speaks his mind. Shy, and he thinks he is cute.
Likes : theatrical performances, musicals, and fashion design
Musicians he admires: Usher, Omarion, JAY-Z, and B2K
- His favorite foods include rice, ice cream, yanggeng (red bean jelly), donuts.
- His favorite nickname is 최탑 (choiTOP) and TOP hyong (pronounced ‘tohp hyong’, a cute way of saying ‘hyung’ but from girls)
- His clothing size is Large.
- In the 4th or 5th grade in elementary school he listened to rapper, Notorious B.I.G. and after hearing his music, he was moved by it and wanted to get into music.
- Likes yanggeng, a sweet red bean jelly. He thought the smell of the red bean paste was so lovely and loveable, but doesn’t remember when he started liking it so much.
- There was not a time where TOP had high scores while in school.
- He used to sleep walk when he was young. Now he just wraps his hoody tightly when sleeping.
- He thinks he looks good in whatever he wears.
- His most prized possession is his backpack, which he received as a birthday gift in 2006 from the other members. Doesn’t go a single day without wearing it!
- His first kiss was in “7th grade, near the Han River with my girlfriend/Because I wanted to do it/A slight kiss on the lips.” - TOP
- Registered on Seotaiji’s cafe and on various African-American singers fansites.
- Has his mom as #1 on speed dial.
- Hates to hear that he looks mean/scary.
- He picked Taeyang as the member he would date if he was a girl, claiming he would ‘steal all the innocence in him’.
- If he didn’t do music, he’d sell clothes, or something to do with fashion.
- He can calculate calories really quickly.
- Has a complex of looking scary to people, so he likes to cover his face in public. Doesn’t have much confidence in his looks.
- Nickname in school was infant/sleepy.
- Most confident with his philtrum.
- Chooses love over work.
- Relieves stress by making his dong sengs (younger members) laugh.
- Nicknamed by some fans as Beastly Seung Hyun—comes from his rap sounding like a beast.
- Some people say he resembles a ‘넓적부리황새’ (spoonbill stork.)
- Would like to do an ice cream CF. (accomplished!)
- Before entering into Big Bang, he had been rapping in underground as Tempo.
- He cried when he saw 2000 fans at a surprise birthday party for him, thrown by the other members.
- Doesn’t like it when fans put up pictures of his family on the internet. He feels apologetic to his family.
- He was the first member to be featured in a solo MV for another artist in Big Bang - Red Roc’s ‘Hello’.
- He wants to learn from Seung Ri and GD’s determination of finishing work to the very best and getting it done efficiently.
- TOP’s ‘sense.’ He has a knack for being humorous no matter what the mood is.
- One of his favorite songs is ‘Notorious B.I.G. - Big Papa.’
- He wants to someday duet with Lyn and Gummy.
- Wants to be a hyung who isn’t embarrassing to his younger siblings.
- His favorite artists include Method Man and Kanye West.
- His answer to if he crushed on a girl in his fan group, is that he would be disappointed, and that all he can do is look at her and let her walk away. He won’t do anything more than that, because she is the fan.
- He seldom went Karaoking before.
- TOP was listed as #41 in Mnet’s TOP 100 “Must Have” Males for 2007[source]
"Music is something that can change emotions. Through music you can become sad or happy." - TOP
"Their diary entries. They write about how they felt when they saw me before our debut, how they felt when they come to see Big Bang, and writing about what our performances were like, one by one. I still keep them beside my bed and read them again. Also, a book that fans made filled with their fan letters. It’s thicker than a phonebook." - TOP (on present from fans that really touched him)
"“I thought I heard it wrong! I thought only 100 tickets will be sold, and they were all bought by our family members. I was stunned when I saw the jam packed stadium when the showcase started.”" (on discovering their first showcase was sold out in 3 minutes)
""The reason I like Beyonce isn’t only for appearance but the charisma of how she has her own, unique style of black music," and, "Because of this, some of the fans are misunderstanding and saying ‘T.O.P likes sexy girls with nice bodies,’" he said with a shy smile." (on his ideal celebrity girl with Newsen 2006)
""I don’t really like material girls and a girl who talks nicely. I don’t like people who talk whatever. I dont feel the need of a girlfriend right now because work comes before, as of right now."" (on his ideal girl with OSEN 2006)
1. Which artist do you respect the most or had the greatest influence in you?
Brian McNight [sic], Maxwell
2. What do you usually do during your days off?
3. Favourite spot (place that you’re comfy or gives you relief)?
Strolling to the park near the house
4. What’s your nickname among the members?
Kang Dae Bak?? (since after the GREAT Concert)
5. Do you have your own stress relieving ritual/method?
Playing, going out by myself
6. Could you tell us your plans/objectives for this year?
7. What’s the biggest failure/regret you have since starting?
Misunderstanding with the school and was absent for it’s foundation anniversary
8. When do you feel the happiest?
On stage, when I meet eyes with the fans!!
9. What’s the Japanese cooking/food that you like?
10. Is there a particular habit/fixation that you just can’t get rid of?
Cracking my finger joints noisily! Pokipoki (onomatopoeia of cracking